A Linux Cafe In Phoenix

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Feb 23 20:05:02 MST 2006

Joshua Zeidner wrote:

> It seems like the Open Source players tend to gravitate to the Tempe
> region...

Yes, it does seem that way. Or at least east of Central Ave in Phoenix.
I know there are some good westsiders out there, but the west side seems
noticeably sparser.

>      It
>     would be pretty nice to have a place where you knew you could find
>     geeks
>     at play.
>

>   yes, for 1) other developers, 2) people who want to buy services
> from OSS developers, 3) people who want to provide services for
> developers... should be fairly easy to cover overhead costs as well.
> I think Kinkbucks is a very valid idea.

Years ago I used to go to users group meetings, and there was just that
kind of exchange going on after the meetings. I think PLUG is just a bit
too lopsided, or homogeneous, or something. Mixing things up with a cafe
might be a great catalyst.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |