?: Cox vs QWEST

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Wed Feb 15 02:36:07 MST 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:12:58 -0700, Mark Jarvis wrote:

> 2) I regularly see download speeds of 350+ to 700* KBytes/sec. (usually
> depending on the host site's speed) on Cox.

I see about the same, 400 to 770.  Mostly this depends on the sending
system.

> 4) While 500+ is NICE when grabbing a new ISO, it's not absolutely
> essential.

I also get podcasts and video podcasts.  These are far more frequent,
although smaller.

> 5) I currently have two boxen connected to a Linksys router which
> connects to a (non-cox provided) Toshiba DOCSIS cable "modem".

I have K6-II connected to Cox's router acting as my firewall/router/
time-server/dns-server/dns-cache.

> 6) Location is N. Central Phx. (South of Northern).

35th Ave & Northern.  Qwest DSL is not available although the mailbox
keeps getting ads.

	-Paul