gnucash

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Tue Feb 14 16:37:22 MST 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 06:17 pm, Mike kindly wrote:

> PCLinuxOS? I fear change, but I will try it. Does apt-get work or do you
> have to use the GUI front-end?

There's absolutely nothing to be afraid of, because it's a live-cd. You can
try it without installing it. If you decide to install it, you'll find it has
the easiest installer you've ever used.
Here's information about PCLOS, with links to their homepage and user help
forums:
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=03062#0

I don't know about using apt-get from commandline, since I haven't tried it. I
CAN tell you that Synaptic works great. It is NOT a Debian derivative. It was
originally based on Mandrake but has become it's own distro with it's own
repository of packages. The developers have worked hard to make it a very
stable distribution. Check out their help forums- they're excellent.  This is
without a doubt the most usable, polished, distro I've ever used. It all just
works.

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC