burning woes

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 10:44:15 MST 2006

Maybe wrong, but sounds like the d/l was corrupted to
me. Try downloading again and 'yes' to overwrite. Try
copying from another web location in case somehow that
source was/is corrupted.

--- bmike101 at cox.net wrote:

> okay.... so I put the download and the md5sum in the
> same
> directory.
> >
> root at 1[mepis3.4]# md5sum SimplyMEPIS_3.4-3.md5sum -c
>
> root at 1[mepis3.4]#
>
> Is this correct?
> I then burned the ISO and after the MD5 check it
> goes
> wa-waaa and a k3b says:
>
> 	an error occured while reading from file <iso>
>
> Any ideas how I should get it to burn? The burn
> speed was
> 1x and the burn program used was cdrecord 2.1a19.
> This is
> on the livecd so I can't upgade it (already tried).
> Should
> I change the weriting mode? The options are AUTO,
> DAO,
> TAO, and RAW. I used AUTO.
>
> > From: Gerard Snitselaar <snits at snitselaar.org>
> > Date: 2006/02/11 Sat PM 06:43:44 PST
> > To: Main PLUG discussion list
> <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
> > Subject: Re: burning woes
> >
> > I forgot to add another way to check it is to use
> the -c
> flag and
> > a file containing the md5sum you are supposed to
> check
> against.
> > Here is a quick little example:
> >
> > snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>ls
> > hanoi*  hanoi.c
> > snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum hanoi >
> hanoi.md5
> > snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum -c
> hanoi.md5
> > hanoi: OK
> > snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>rm -f hanoi
> > snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>gcc -O3 -o hanoi
> hanoi.c
> > snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum -c
> hanoi.md5
> > hanoi: FAILED
> > md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksum did NOT
> match
> > snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>cat hanoi.md5
> > 359935d45f69fcb2fd0afd882211062b  hanoi
> >

> > On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 17:59 -0800,
> bmike101 at cox.net
> wrote:
> > > Well, I downloaded a simply mepis ISO and burned
> it
> and
> > > it runs grub (I believe?) and then tells me that
> it
> found
> > > simplymepis then  it says :
> > > 	hds: tray open
> > > 	end_request: I/O error on device......
> > > then it also says:
> > > 	cloop=error -5 uncompressing block <block
> numbers>
> > >
> > > Does this sound like a burn error or a corrupt
> down
> load?
> > > I would check the download but I do not know how
> to do
> the
> > > MD5 thing. Would someone care to inform me how
> to use
> [...]

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out, and talk to others.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee
New hand helds start at about $85 and up for single band
transcievers at many dealers, just fyi.

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.
Complete  operating systems free if downloaded.
I am running w/o a hard drive on both!!