burning woes

bmike101 at cox.net bmike101 at cox.net
Sun Feb 12 05:11:02 MST 2006

okay.... so I put the download and the md5sum in the same
directory.

root at 1[mepis3.4]# md5sum SimplyMEPIS_3.4-3.md5sum -c
root at 1[mepis3.4]#

Is this correct?
I then burned the ISO and after the MD5 check it goes
wa-waaa and a k3b says:

	an error occured while reading from file <iso>

Any ideas how I should get it to burn? The burn speed was
1x and the burn program used was cdrecord 2.1a19. This is
on the livecd so I can't upgade it (already tried). Should
I change the weriting mode? The options are AUTO, DAO,
TAO, and RAW. I used AUTO.

<plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
> Subject: Re: burning woes
>
> I forgot to add another way to check it is to use the -c
flag and
> a file containing the md5sum you are supposed to check
against.
> Here is a quick little example:
>
> snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>ls
> hanoi*  hanoi.c
> snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum hanoi >
hanoi.md5
> snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>md5sum -c hanoi.md5
> hanoi: OK
> snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>rm -f hanoi
> snits at newton:/home/snits/proj/c=>gcc -O3 -o hanoi
hanoi.c

wrote:
> > Well, I downloaded a simply mepis ISO and burned it
and
> > it runs grub (I believe?) and then tells me that it
found
> > simplymepis then  it says :
> > 	hds: tray open
> > 	end_request: I/O error on device......
> > then it also says:
> > 	cloop=error -5 uncompressing block <block numbers>
> >
> > Does this sound like a burn error or a corrupt down
load?
> > I would check the download but I do not know how to do
the
> > MD5 thing. Would someone care to inform me how to use
it??

PLUG-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail
settings:
plug-discuss

PLUG-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us