An entry-level web development position

fouldragon at aol.com fouldragon at aol.com
Fri Dec 29 09:04:43 MST 2006

Web-Op, a search engine optimization and web design firm located at
Falcon Field in Mesa, is seeking a junior developer.

Expected duties:

-Light (Linux) system administration
-Template-based development (we give you a PSD file, come back with
nice modular PHP/HTML/CSS that resembles it as much as possible)
-Possible 'theming' of existing site (leave the content or backend in
place but restyle it)
-Possibly some hacking of existing (off-the-shelf FOSS usually)
components.
-Fill-in if other developers are indisposed.

Desired skill set:

Minimal understanding of at least one PHP/ASP/JSP
Good hand-written HTML/CSS
Good coding style
Reliable and communicative.
Fast worker
Knows why typing "rm -rf /*" at the root prompt is a bad thing

This is NOT the position for someone who has 40 years of experience and
dreams in PDP-11 assembler.  It will be boring for you.  Honestly, it's
just we need another set of reliable, moderately-skilled hands.  Talent
and a willingness to learn/adapt are more important for this position
than a list of skills.  Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to
apply.

Expected pay:  Likely about 30,000 / year (or hourly equivalent)
depending on skill and talent demonstrated.

Hiring Process:  Send a resume and some samples of work if available.
We can arrange an interview if you look promising.  A successful
candidate will be given a few tasks on a 'work from home/hourly pay'
basis to ensure you can deliver quality work in our time constraints
before full hire-on.

Please send resumes to jack at web-op.com