car stereo and ogg - and PMP's

Ryan Meldrum ryjame at cox.net
Tue Dec 26 15:17:10 MST 2006

Speaking of PMP's, I did the same a few years ago.  I wanted something with a
good sized HD, (30+gb) that played MP3, FLAC, WMA, WAV, OGG and found
iRiver's IHP140.  Had a 40gb HD, FM tuner and optical In/Out.  Could record
to WAV or to MP3.  At the time, it was 249, $100 cheaper than Apple's 30mb
Ipod, but with more features...

Also, Linux see's it as a USB attached storage device using VFat, so they are
linux R/W compatible.  There is a python program to build the database if you
wish to use it (the database does play by Album, artist, song, genre...but is
not necessary to xfer files.)

iRiver still support OGG, just make sure you read the labels.

http://www.iriveramerica.com

Fry's, carries them as well.