Spamassassin Per User

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. plug at phxinternet.net
Wed Dec 20 11:20:57 MST 2006

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I don't believe spamassassin is
using the database.  Details are below.

Gilbert

Server: Centos4.4
Mail: QMAIL-TOASTER

I want to use MySQL with the server to allow users the ability to customize
spamassassin.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingSQL

I added the spamassassin commands I think necessary to the file
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

  user_scores_dsn                  DBI:mysql:spamassassin:127.0.0.1
  user_scores_sql_password         ****
  user_scores_sql_username         spamassassin
  user_scores_sql_custom_query     SELECT preference, value FROM _TABLE_
WHERE \
                                   username = _USERNAME_ OR username =
'$GLOBAL' \
                                   OR username = CONCAT('%',_DOMAIN_) ORDER
BY username ASC

the user spamassassin has only SELECT privileges

I have added a -q to the spamd service in /var/qmail/supervise/spamd
exec /usr/bin/spamd -q -x -u vpopmail -s stderr 2>&1

I run the command "echo -e "From: user\nTo:user\Subject: Test\n\n" | spamc
-u 'gilbert.g at phoenixinternet.net'' to check if spamd is using my SQL rule
set for gilbert.g at phoenixinternet.net and the response reports a required
score of 4.0 which is the same as what I have in the SQL database.

        NO_RECEIVED,NO_RELAYS autolearn=no version=3.1.7

When I send a test message from my yahoo account to that same user, the
header reports a 5.0.

---
[ This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Phoenix Internet ]
[ Phoenix Internet http://www.phoenixinternet.net ]