MythTv Remote Control

chip33az at netscape.net chip33az at netscape.net
Wed Dec 20 08:09:33 MST 2006

I have a MythTV front end running on a Via EPIA in the kitchen with a
remote.

It is a Streamzap USB remote.  I bought it online for around $30.

I just followed the CVS instructions on the lirc.org website.  You might
need to install some other programs, such as automake, but it generally
tells you (actually, I followed the steps on the Debian install on
madwifi.org to get the system ready).

After you install it, there is a configuration file for the remote which
is located on lirc.org or google it.  There is also a startup script
that needs to run.  I found that on the MythTV wiki.  It gives you the
script and where/how to install it.

I might get rid of this and go with SageTV.  I tried the 15 day demo and
really like it.  I'm using a Hauppauge MediaMVP in the family and for
$90, it is cheap enough.  I'm still thinking about this though.