Seeking PLUG new website input

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 11:02:54 MST 2006

Blogs are cool, however I was suggesting something more specific.
1) A business directory.  This serves two purposes.  You SEO folks please comment.  Outbound links are now good.  So they help PLUG because they are topic specific.  These links help us in that our personal website gets a vote from the community, and possibly traffic from the PLUG website.  Overall this is a good "community" feature.
2) Articles:  Content is king.  Why not?  We are the experts right?  I would really like to be able to go to the PLUG "portal" to find new resources or find a different perspective on something.  Can you imagine if every member posted 1 article in the next year.  Product reviews, current events, book reviews, Howto's, ETC

During the past 3 months 2 people shared with me some banner information that I think should be shared.  My only option is to post this information on one of my websites.

I was moving a customer to a new host.  The new host did not provide a temp URL to check the site before changing the name servers.   The suggestion was to change my DNS settings to the host DNS on my dev box.  This worked!

The second bit of info was how to use the windows host file so I could point my browser to my LAMP dev box.

Both are very worthy of an article that I would love to post to plug.

Keith

Keith Smith
A link from my website to yours
Submit Your Metro Phoenix Website