net neutrality thoughts

eric© ericlists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 15:46:55 MST 2006

Just running things over in my head....I'm not pushing for or against it
right now, just trying to better understand it.

How is non-neutrality any different than the tiered system we have now?  The
more money you pay, the faster UL/DL speeds you get.  Sounds the same to me
as "the more money the business pays, the faster access they get".  Also
sounds similar to "the more money you pay, the better location in the mall
you get".

Again, I'm not saying the corporations right, I'm not saying they're wrong.
Just trying to better understand things.

eric