printer

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 15:40:15 MST 2006

--- Michael Havens <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:

> I must be retarded. I got a pinter and can not set
> it up. I got a hewlett
> packard deskjet 932C. (it was free so I didn't have
> a choice)
> linuxprinting.org (or whatever it is called now)
> says that it works
> perfectly. User comments say that with the hpdj
> driver (included in
> debian) 'works well' but that the stp driver is
> better. Does anyone here have
> any experience with this and could I get some
> comments from you guys (and any
> gals is welcome as well).
>
> My other problem is that I don't know how to set up
> either. Please let me know
> so that I can write it onto a 3x5 card and file it
> away and not have to bug
> you about it again:)

,I have a 832c not 932c and All I did was go to
printer
config from the 'start' menu...yeah, I know, no start.
And I just followed the gui setup. Works great in
pclinuxos. Yeah, diff os, but...

In config  > kde > perheriphals > printers    there
are two 932c's, one w/hjjwhatever and one straight.
Sooooo, linux does support it.

Probably in gnome config setup....not a gnome fan at
all.

I am using usb as a connection tho. Never did get
parallel port to work. Just fyi.

It works fine for what I do so far.

That is all I had to do. PDF's print funny, by using
the popup thingy and changing from saving the file to
print and telling it lpr in the command line at the
top of the box...at least in kDE version. ymmv.

Ed

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.