party/town hall

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Dec 14 11:46:38 MST 2006

Am 14. Dec, 2006 schwätzte Shawn Badger so:

> I would like to bring a whole bunch of old computer stuff to get rid of,
> if that is OK.

Bringing stuff for the giveaway is great.

> Here is a list of some of the stuff siting in my garage just waiting for
> a new home:
> 19" Viewsonic
> 15" CRT touchscreen
> 2 port Avocent KVM's
> SCSI card
> 3U case with lots of fans
> a bunch of various cables
> and a couple pc's in various states.
>
> I have been trying to make it over to AZ Strut for some time now, but
> never have because of the limited drop off times. I will bring all the
> stuff and people can take what ever they want and if some on stops by AZ
> Strut (or any good place to donate this kind of stuff) I would
> appreciate it.

Check www.kidcomputers.org. Lots of places to drop stuff off according to
their web site. The computers will at least have a chance to get GNU/Linux
on them. Michael at Red Seven says 10% of the boxen leaving Kid Computers
have GNU/Linux on them and next year that will double.

We've been trying for years to work with AZStRUT and they're not
interested in Free Software.

With KidComputers you can also get discounts with some businesses.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  Very frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others.
#    -- Fred Rogers, aka Mr. Rogers (1928-2003)