DSL

Trent Shipley tshipley at deru.com
Wed Dec 13 21:28:32 MST 2006

It is past time to insult my wallet with high speed internet.

After the recent thread on Qwest I am planning to go with Qwest DSL.

0.  Is Qwest non-hostile to Linux?  Some ISPs (e.g. AOL, Earthlink) think
Linux isn't worth having.  They want to save support costs by having everyone
use pre-packaged internet software--good luck finding parameters to access
their services yourself.

1. DSL modem compatibility?

2. What are general internet security protocols for a Linux workstation.

3. Are there others when you go to DSL/cable?  (Eg. external dedicated
firewall.)