kids games for GNU/Linux?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Dec 11 11:23:53 MST 2006

Am 11. Dec, 2006 schwätzte Empty so:

> An excellent suite called gcompris that teaches mouse basics, pattern
> matching, etc. You can tailor which options are available based on what
> your kids wants, and the menu system is entirely graphical. My 3 year
> old can navigate it perfectly.

Cool. I haven't looked at gcompris in a while. It seemed rather jumpy and
blocky before.

Looks better now.

> Also of note is TuxPaint- not a game per se but a VERY child-friendly
> art program.

Yup, I've seen kids have a blast with TuxPaint. Heck, I've had a blast
playing with TuxPaint. Played with it for over an hour the first time I
booted a Knoppix for Kids Live CD :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  "If class warfare is being waged in America, my class is clearly winning."
#    -- Warren Buffett