kids games for GNU/Linux?

Empty plug at emptiedout.com
Mon Dec 11 04:01:10 MST 2006

An excellent suite called gcompris that teaches mouse basics, pattern
matching, etc. You can tailor which options are available based on what
your kids wants, and the menu system is entirely graphical. My 3 year
old can navigate it perfectly.

Also of note is TuxPaint- not a game per se but a VERY child-friendly
art program.

~Ben

Matt Mets wrote:
> How about SuperTux (http://supertux.berlios.de/)?  Its more or less a
> Super Mario Brothers clone.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a
> lot of development going on with it any more, but the first set of
> levels that they released were very good.
>
> Regards,
> Matt
>
> ------------
> Matt Mets
> Matt.Mets at gmail.com <mailto:Matt.Mets at gmail.com>
>
> On 12/10/06, * tuna at supertunaman.com <mailto:tuna at supertunaman.com>*
> <tuna at supertunaman.com <mailto:tuna at supertunaman.com>> wrote:
>
>     there's tuxkart and supertuxkart, but they're kind of buggy.
>
>     If you have Adept, search for a package called "childsplay." It is
>     an education game suite for kids.

---
"Confession only helps if you actually feel bad for your actions.
For you, it would just be a really long boast."
	-Tara
http://www.emptiedout.com