Newbie linux permission question

Marius Toma marius at pro-websolutions.com
Wed Dec 6 13:12:30 MST 2006

Hi guys,

I'm new to linux so do not kill me!

This is what I want if is possible:
I want to be able to create a new user that can overwrite nobody's
(apache user) files, but I don't want nobody to change the files that I
created with the new user!

The situation:
I have a website, that has an online editor so I can edit/create html
files. I want with the new user to be able to edit these files (Ex: via
FTP, ssh) , but also upload new ones that can not be editable via the
online editor

How should the UID/GID look like for the new user?

I created a new user and gave him the same UID as nobody (so I can make
the changes I want, for now)... but is not what I want!

Thanks,
Marius