xorg.conf: thought I would pass this along

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Tue Dec 5 19:40:03 MST 2006

I was looking on the internet, and found that I might be able to make the
graphics in X11 work a bit faster by changing the default depth to 16 instead
of 24.

So I changed xorg.conf and rebooted. (I don't know how to change the runlevel
in kubuntu to 3 and then back to 5 [ if that is what is needed ] to restart
X).

Everything looked pretty good, until I started firefox. I started and
restarted firefox, several times, and it would just die unexpectedly.
I then did it at the command line, and it died again, but told me that an X
error had occurred, resulting in firefox dying.

I changed xorg.conf back to 24 and rebooted once again. This time firefox came
up first time, no problem.

Thought I would pass this along.

Jerry
--
Happy Trails!

Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune:
Q:	What's yellow, and equivalent to the Axiom of Choice?
A:	Zorn's Lemon.