How to open an html file without a title bar?

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss at granroth.org
Sat Dec 2 19:12:46 MST 2006

Josef Lowder wrote:
> Is there any browser or utility that allows one to open an
> html file without having to have a title bar or status bar?
>
> In other words, to just open a window with no border at all or
> just a simple border with no caption, but just corners to grab
> for resizing and then right click to access menu options?

Depending on your needs, you might consider writing a program to do this
for yourself.  Using KDE and khtml, you could probably write this in...
er... 20 lines or so.  Maybe less.  I wrote a tutorial for doing just
that but that was years ago.  It was trivial back then so I imagine it's
even easier now.

Alternatively, you can use Konqueror with a specific profile to disable
menus, toolbars, and status bars and then use kwin to create a profile
to get rid of the title bar.

Kurt