USB *-IN-1 card readers

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 13:40:14 MST 2006

Ask WHAT models others are using if you choose to get
a new one...I don't use one.

--- Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:

> I would be disappointed if your reader and Linux
> cannot get along.  USB
> support in Linux has become very solid compared to a
> few years ago.
>
> That said, in your shoes I'd pursue two options:
>
> 1. Debug the reader with help in the list.  This
> would involve looking at
> logs and such.  This is probably viable knowing the
> expertise of many in
> this list.  It may just prove that the reader really
> isn't compatible.
>
> 2. Go get a new reader and try it.
>
> If you're patient and/or want to learn, do #1.  If
> not, a new reader is
> only around $10 so #2 is not a difficult thing to
> try.
>
> Alan
>
> On Wed, August 30, 2006 10:09 am, Nathan England
> wrote:
> >
> > I have probe all luns checked. Everything on these
> pages is correct for my
> > machine. Maybe this particular card reader doesn't
> like linux?

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.