USB *-IN-1 card readers

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Wed Aug 30 11:22:05 MST 2006

I would be disappointed if your reader and Linux cannot get along.  USB
support in Linux has become very solid compared to a few years ago.

That said, in your shoes I'd pursue two options:

1. Debug the reader with help in the list.  This would involve looking at
logs and such.  This is probably viable knowing the expertise of many in
this list.  It may just prove that the reader really isn't compatible.

2. Go get a new reader and try it.

If you're patient and/or want to learn, do #1.  If not, a new reader is
only around $10 so #2 is not a difficult thing to try.

Alan