Ubuntu "LAMP" default install

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Aug 22 08:41:07 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 06:57 -0700, Randy Melder wrote:
> Ubuntu now comes with a selection for a LAMP server. The whole install
> takes 15 minutes according to a buddy of mine. Getting ready to try it
> out on an r&d box.
----
go for it.

Personally, I use rubyonrails rather than php because I can get so much
more done in a lot less time but php is more mature and there are a lot
more tutorials and such around and if you learn some php and start to
understand the concepts, migrating to rubyonrails is a whole lot easier.

Craig