Mail and attachments

Miles Beck milesbeck at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:34:10 MST 2006

Greetings,

I am using a shared host server and would like to be able to backup
some files automatically and then send it to my gmail account.

I'm trying to use the tools given with the shell account but I am
unable to see the file attached as an attachment with Gmail.

Below is the command I am using to uuencode the file. Is there
something wrong with the syntax? I get the email and the subject is
correct, but the contents of the file is displayed inline.

uuencode dailybackup.tgz dailybackup.tgz | mail -s "Daily Backup"
milesbeck at gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

-Miles