Any Sun people out there?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Aug 15 08:34:04 MST 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 10:46:35PM -0700, Darrin Chandler wrote:
> I've got a Sun Fire 420R and I can't get anything out of the serial
> console. Nothing. I've checked the cable and it talks fine to my ss20.

The problem turned out to be memory in the wrong slots. I was saving
these kinds of tests for last because supposedly the machine had been
tested before shipping. Turns out they tested the machine and then
plugged in memory, etc., and shipped.

Thanks to those who replied! From this list and others I got many good

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |