Any Sun people out there?

Rudolfo Munguia xaruum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 08:39:53 MST 2006

Was the last owner using this function?

They may have changed the setting in the OBP to display only.

Normally when a Sun is first started, even the POST should be seen over the
serial (if they were displaying ful diags).

Then at least you could determine whether a component is faulty.

Also, if it has no video card, then just shop araound for an old ATI
Rage64/128/3D. I have had luck dropping them in as replacements before on
the PCI Bus based Suns.

Also, I gave up on E420r's, they were VERY trouble prone. I run SunFire
V440s, a LOT more stable.

Good Luck