Video upgrade advice

Badger, Shawn SBadger at cskauto.com
Thu Aug 10 07:29:12 MST 2006

Here is the snipit form my xorg.conf. I run dual 1280x1024 displays on an nVida card. to generate mos of it I used a script off the nvidia site.

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Unknown"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 110.0
    VertRefresh     50.0 - 150.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce 6600"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "TwinView" "True"
    Option         "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
    Option         "UseEdidFreqs" "True"
    Option         "MetaModes" "1280x1024, 1280x1024"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes      "2560x1024" "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubSection
EndSection