Ubuntu ISO Images

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 01:11:33 MST 2006

I noticed this as well David but I had not trouble burning them (though it
did surprise me).  It seems the oversize files end up being in the ~690 MB
range when written.  I do not know why a .iso file would burn to a smaller
size but it did for me.  I did all three (Ubuntu and Kubuntu workstation and
the Ubuntu Server) and since then installed all three.  I downloaded them to
my desktop under Ubuntu 5.10 and just right clicked each and selected "Write
to disc".  Your email looks like you did try burning them and were
unsuccessful (as opposed to simply assuming it would not work) so maybe it
would help if you described the method and environment that failed.

On 8/9/06, David Demland <demland at cox.net> wrote:

> I have been downloading the new ISO images, from the Ubuntu site, using
> different servers and all of the images are 713 - 715 MB. I can not get a
> good CD burn since these images are to large for the 700 MB CD I have. I
> am
> not sure why the sizes are reporting over 700 MB from the download since
> the
> download sites show the ISO image size at 694 MB. The md5 check sums match
> so I believe that I have a good download. Does anyone know where else I
> might try to get an ISO image that will turn out to be the 694 MB so I can
> burn it to CD?
>
> Thank You,
>
> David Demland

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the
transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them."

Patrick Henry quote