Firefox oddities

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 15:48:39 MST 2006

Hmmm, I wonder if this would solve a problem I have had (on a computer which
is not here today or I would check it b4 writing this). I use Firefox on 5
systems and 2 of those dual boot XP and Ubuntu 6.06.  The Firefox is
1.5.x.xon all of these 7 OS's.  You might understand why I think the
GoogleSync
addon is the greatest thing since sliced bread and jam in a jar.

The only problem is that one of the Ubuntu environments will not permit me
to install GoogleSync.  One difference between the Ubuntu systems is that on
the one that works I had installed Firefox 1.5.x.x BEFORE upgrading Ubuntu
from 5.10 to 6.06.  That system has it in /opt/firefox/ rather than
/usr/bin/firefox/ (as I recall).  The system I have here has ~/.mozilla/*
for personalizations as I presume the other system has.

I had previously assumed I could not install GoogleSync on the other system
for some silly reason relating to the difference of /opt/ vs /usr/bin/ but
perhaps the issue is actually what Darrin said.  Now I can't wait to get to
that other system to check this.

Anyway, Thanks Darrin!  But if there are any other thoughts on this I would
love to hear them as well.

On 8/3/06, Bill Warner <bill.warner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Ray Cantwell wrote:
>
> > Darrin Chandler wrote:
> >>

> > Darrin,
> >    You are a genius! I did that and it worked like a charm. This
> > will enter into the things i can never remember book so i don't
> > forget it.
> > Thanks,
> > Ray.
>
> Is that book different than google?

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the
transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them."

Patrick Henry quote