Alternatives to osCommerce

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 13:52:18 MST 2006

In a message dated 2.Aug.2006 13.50.26 US Mountain Standard Time,
plug at shubes.net writes:
>I don't normally like suggesting an alternative distro, but in this case
>I think it's appropriate. If osCommerce is ok with PHP4, I'd use
>CentOS4.3 (current). The php-4.3.9 is the lastest with that.

>Any (good) reason for using FC4 instead of CentOS4.3?

It's a virtual-dedicated server; I can't very well go down to their
data-centre with a CentOS CD.

Frankly, I think this is really osCommerce's problem; PHP5's been out for a
while, they should take the initiative to get it compatible out of the box.