Linux PDA's???

Daniel Parraz daniyel95 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 15:39:10 MST 2006

I also have a Nokia 770 - Had it for month or two so far and like it. The GPE suite so far is enough for me, and the VNC client works like a charm to my desktop when I need it. Also have Abiword, which opens/edit my .doc files on the device, and MaemoPad for a gui based text editor. I have a 3650 Nokia phone, and the bluetooth between the two has been flaky at best. I suspect it could be the older Nokia phone that is the problem though..

Connecting to secure/insecure WLAN's is nice and easy, but have not found a way to authenticate to LEAP - tried using the EAP, but no luck.

In the future, I would like to see the usage of the microphone that is suppose to be built into the bottom of the device for recording conferences, meetings, etc.

Daniel Parraz

ted at gould.cx wrote: On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> I'm looking to replace my dead Zire 31.

I use a Nokia 770 with the GPE suite.  It does have an entirely
replaceable battery (in fact it's a standard Nokia cell phone one).  It's
not 'really' a PDA, and a touch bigger than others, but I like having the
bigger screen.  It's full Linux, with GTK+ and mostly standard libraries
included.

http://nokia.com/770

And the source code for the builds is at:

http://maemo.org/

   --Ted