Linux Newbie Needs Help

J Schwartz plug.list at s2rtechnologies.com
Mon Apr 17 13:57:51 MST 2006

Hello All.

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in spending a few hours with me setting up a few things on a Ubuntu 5.10 distro desktop machine. I would like to do the following:
- Configure and enable remoting from a win xp box to this box
- Setup and configure Apache
- Setup and configure Mono with Apache
- Explain/show how to perform some common sys admin tasks

I'm also interested in setting up a separate box for PostgresSql server, but that is not a high priority right now.

I've been a ms developer for over 10 yrs, but would like to learn how I can move all my asp.net apps and databases over to Linux platform.

Please reply off list and give me an idea what your rates are. Day/Evening is fine. I'm located in north/central Phoenix.

Thank you!

Jon
plug.list at s2rtechnologies.com