Model posting! (Was: Re: Open Position in my department (ASU, College of Fine Arts))

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon Apr 17 11:51:51 MST 2006

Micah DesJardins said:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Briefly, we're a distance learning outfit for Herberger College of
> Fine Arts at ASU.  We're looking for someone with some web design
> chops (hand coded html, css, javascript), we tend to use a lot of PHP
> and do a lot of database back end stuff as well.  *nix and Mac
> familiarity is a plus.
>
>  Details are available at :
>
> www.jobsatasu.com
>
> Click on Search Postings on the left, and enter in the Job Requisition
> Number: 0600675
>
>  On the submitted materials part, we're looking for some sort of
> demonstration of your skills.  Be it in web design, coding of any of
> the relevant areas under the "Desired Qualifications" part.  We know
> it's unlikely to get people who have everything, but we're interested
> in people who are smart, talented and able to learn things quickly.
>
> Thanks for taking a look and if you're interested in the position,
> good luck.  If you have questions about it feel free to contact me off
> list.

The above is, IMO, a model for how job postings to the PLUG lists should
look.

- Subject line, though not prefaced with "OT" is obvious as to the contents.
- Enough information to understand the main requirements.
- Clear instructions on where to go for more information.
- A courteous "good luck."
- A request that further discussion occur off the list.
- Relatively brief.

Thanks, Micah.

Alan