Damn.  i hate suse. Was change video card drivers in text mode

augie grayfox78 at cox.net
Tue Sep 27 15:25:22 MST 2005

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 11:58,
plug-discuss-request at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:
> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:57:41 -0700
> From: Bupkus <bupkus2 at cox.net>
> Subject: Re: Any way to change video card drivers in text mode with
>         Suse 9.3?
 <snip>
> Damn.  i hate suse.
Dude,
I know exactly how you feel...been there, meself. I ran 8.0 and was very happy
in spite of no sound and no burner. Upgraded to 8.2...nightmare.
Joined the novell Linux Users Group and got 9.0 and was happy again - still no
burner.
Then sumpin got borked - lost a HD and after replacing HD upgraded to 9.2 and
everything got borked...so at the next install fest I picked up a copy of
Mepis Linux and installed it and haven't looked back. I upgraded to Simply
Mepis and I will eventually migrate to a fullblown Debian.
I don't knock Suse nor Novell, but somehow my system got all borked with that
distro, but everything just works with Mepis, so I'm sticking with Debian.
Try it, you might like it. It is a Live CD but has a nice utility for
installing it on your HD, also has a grub config, mbr config and Xwindow
config utility. I know they have been a lifesaver for me. Just member...YMMV.
--
	augie
grayfox78 at cox dot net

In a world without walls or fences, who needs windows or gates?