Any way to change video card drivers in text mode with Suse 9.3?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Mon Sep 26 21:18:30 MST 2005

Sounds like you're dealing with a common LCD issue, Fedora is selecting a video mode based on your video card, but with an LCD you MUST use the single resolution supported by the screen.
LCD monitors don't do well with pixel scaling, so any resolution other than the monitor's physical resolution tends to look blurred at best, and completely garbled at worst.
>From the Matrox site, it looks like a max resolution of 1280X1024 is supported for DVI flat panels, this would be at 120 Hz refresh.
Check your monitor manual to see what it wants in terms of resolution and refresh, and *make sure* your system settings match.
Also, since the G550 is a dual-head card, make sure you're set up with the flat-panel on the primary connector, and use DVI if possible.
What do you have set up as the second display, if any?

On Fedora, you might also try booting to text mode console and running "system-config-display"  to see if that will work for you.