apt confusion

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Thu Sep 15 11:08:58 MST 2005

Yes, that helps a great deal!  I have heard about 'virtual packages' and
tripped across various notices about them in messing around with this
box.  I'll try to find more information about them.

I don't think I could have ever managed a qMail install without 'Life
With Qmail'.  It was still a multi-day task, as I'd never built anything
from source before, but in the end it works.  That was on a Redhat
system, and now I want to give the same process a shot on Debian.
Hopefully it will go quicker the second time around.

On another note : I had to install courier-imap to provide IMAP and
webmail.  That package also comes with a pop server, as well as pops and
imaps servers.  Anyone out there have a preference between the courier
pop or qmail-pop3?  I'm using courier right now just for the sake of
consistency.

thanks again,
alex