PgSQL (was Favoite Distro / Silent list)

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:38:45 MST 2005

Whoops! I meant to yank that from the end :P

MySQL is making a lot of headway in terms of features, but I have to say as
far as depth of features, and flexibility on the back-end I really like
PgSQL. It has its quirks, but every DB does and for some reason I seem to
"grok" it in a more natural way than MySQL. As far as performance, it's hard
for me to say. I'd be willing to bet it doesn't do straight table lookups as
fast as MySQL, but that's not generally what I'm looking for. I haven't
rolled it out in any big implementations yet, but I'm working on some proof
of concept stuff at the moment and with luck I can get a decent
implementation going within the next year. I did a little poking around and
once I saw the list of people and organizations using it for their back-end
I was pretty solid on it.

MDJ