Silent list?

June Tate june at theonelab.com
Wed Sep 14 09:26:52 MST 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 09:23:27AM -0700, Kenneth wrote:
> Here's something to get a few messages started:
>
> What is everyone's favorite distro?
> I currently have Mandriva 10.2 as my "main", with
> Fedora core 4, Gentoo, and an older Redhat 9 that I
> need for certain software.
>
> I usually run Gnome/Metacity for window management,
> but that's as much from habit as anything else.  The
> look of the screen isn't a big issue for me.  I
> suppose I should look into one of the simpler
> combinations and save the resources, but I'm lazy :)

I tend to use two distributions for my Linux work: Ubuntu and
Debian. While I love using Ubuntu for desktop workstations, using it
for a server is a bit out of the question for me -- I'm just too much
of a Debian sysadmin to play with Ubuntu on a server.

As for windowing environment, I used to use WindowMaker almost
exclusively until Gnome started improving when Ubuntu showed up.

June Tate * http://www.theonelab.com * june at theonelab.com