Hello

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Tue Sep 13 07:36:26 MST 2005

Derek Neighbors wrote:

>Victor Odhner wrote:
>

>>I do all my listserv reading on Thunderbird using my Cox account,
>>and TBird's filters do a most excellent job. However, there has been
>>some confusion because TBird has a bug regarding sharing of
>>the same folders between Windows and Linux -- the filters set up on
>>one system sometimes fail on the other system. Guess that'll come out
>>in the wash.
>>
>This bug is easy to fix.  Stop using windows. : )

Yeah, that works.  I only get into Windows about twice a month now, to
pull down the security updates (Talk about safe computing!) and to deal
with a monthly chore using MS Word (not my choice).  But under Windows I
don't use TBird except to look at messages that are already in my mail
folders, that way they don't get messed up.

Actually, TBird under Linux also seems to have a problem filtering into
sub-sub-folders of my Inbox.  It's a sporadic problem, haven't managed
to fully define the behavior yet.

Vic