Hello

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 20:37:00 MST 2005

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

 > I have used pine for around ten years.
 > . . .
 > If you want all messages to be maintained together, then train your
 > email client to deliver all the plug-discuss email to one email folder.

Hey Jeremy, thanks for that! I have one account (not the one that
I use for listserves) that I use Pine for, and when I first got to that
system procmail didn't work right for me, so I never got arount to
setting up filters. Now you draw my attention to the fact that Pine
can do its own filter setup -- Yeah, here it is at:

<http://helpdesk.gwu.edu/mailfilter/pine.html>

... for example. That'll be very helpful.

I do all my listserv reading on Thunderbird using my Cox account,
and TBird's filters do a most excellent job. However, there has been
some confusion because TBird has a bug regarding sharing of
the same folders between Windows and Linux -- the filters set up on
one system sometimes fail on the other system. Guess that'll come out
in the wash.

Thanks again,

Vic