Webpages and visibility

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Sep 7 00:59:22 MST 2005

Am 06. Sep, 2005 schwätzte Kurt Wolf so:

Cool. Never seen these before. Forwarded them to Mike over at Red Seven
:).

ciao,

der.hans

> I have been watching this topic.  Interesting enough.  At my office
> we try to keep a couple guidelines for colors.  The formula below
> calculates the brightness of a color.
>
> ((Red value X 299) + (Green value X 587) + (Blue value X 114)) / 1000
>
> By computing the brightness of the foreground and background, we try
> to keep the difference between these two values greater than 125.
> This is also found on the W3's site.
>
> Two colors provide good color visibility if the brightness difference
> and the color difference between the two colors are greater than a
> set range.
>
> Color brightness is determined by the following formula:
> ((Red value X 299) + (Green value X 587) + (Blue value X 114)) / 1000
> Note: This algorithm is taken from a formula for converting RGB
> values to YIQ values. This brightness value gives a perceived
> brightness for a color.
>
> Color difference is determined by the following formula:
> (maximum (Red value 1, Red value 2) - minimum (Red value 1, Red value
> 2)) + (maximum (Green value 1, Green value 2) - minimum (Green value
> 1, Green value 2)) + (maximum (Blue value 1, Blue value 2) - minimum
> (Blue value 1, Blue value 2))
>
> The rage for color brightness difference is 125. The range for color
> difference is 500.
>

> On Sep 6, 2005, at 11:48 AM, FoulDragon at aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 9/6/2005 11:47:09 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> > eculbert at yahoo.com writes:
> >

> >> PS. Red Seven's page wasn't that bad, A few shades
> >> more white and yes it would have been almost
> >> impossible for me to read.
> >>

> > Select the text and read it that way.
> >
> > You often see spoilers posted in white-on-white on fandom
> > discussion sites.

#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, editorial in the Kansas City Star, 07May1918