Fema and Plug

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Sep 7 00:52:39 MST 2005

Am 06. Sep, 2005 schwätzte ec so:

moin, moin,

The project seems to have increased in scope and one agency trumped
another. The new agency is doing it their way.

As I already posted, they are also trying to limit the site to evacuees
and trained volunteers. We haven't been through their training, so we
don't count as trained volunteers.

I agree that it seems a waste, but I also know we don't have all of the
information. They also don't have much information about us in order to
instill confidence that we can do what we claim.

The evacuees need results. I know we can deliver, but the governor and
GITA and FEMA don't.

Let's prove we can deliver when we do get an opportunity.

ciao,

der.hans

> Re-posting Hans messages:
>
> Author: der.hans
> Date: 2005-09-06 13:51 -400
> To: quatsch
> Subject: NO evacuee help
> moin, moin,
>
> the state is putting evacuees up at the
> coliseum/fairgrounds. They will
> likely be there for a month ( longer at other
> locations ). They do have
> cell phones, but do not have Net connectivity.
>
> I have approached the state about setting up a few
> boxen for the evacuees
> to use for email and resumes.
>
> The IT department is interested in assistance in
> getting the evacuees
> setup with Net access.
>
> I already have a few volunteers for setting up the
> network.
>
> We might be able to get boxen from STRuT, but we won't
> know until
> tomorrow. If that falls through I'll likely need help
> getting donations
> that we can setup in the next few days.
>
> I would like to say this is a PLUG effort ( most
> everyone involved thus
> far is from PLUG ). Is that cool with everyone?
>
> If this goes well we might be asked to do the same
> thing in Tucson and
> maybe at ASU as well.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
>

> ////////////////////////////
>
> Then he found this out. It is a shame that FEMA would
> waste money now when a group of volunteers would do it
> for free! Then this is the USA government.
> Waste, your waste, hup two three four, waste, waste,
> waste, your waste. It just keeps marching.
>
> //////////////////////////
>
> Author: der.hans
> Date: 2005-09-06 16:41 -400
> To: Main PLUG discussion list
> Subject: Re: NO evacuee help
> Am 06. Sep, 2005 schwätzte der.hans so:
>
> moin, moin,
>
> it looks like FEMA might be paying a contractor to
> take care of this. I
> will send more info as I have it.
>
> Thanks for the offers to help!
>
> Cyclists should expect and demand safe
> accommodation on our public roads,
> just as does every other user.
>
> Nothing more is expected.
>
> Nothing less is acceptable!
>
> Long live Knoppix!!

#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives
#  and don't use m$ LookOut :). - der.hans