Fema and Plug

ec eculbert at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 23:59:23 MST 2005

Re-posting Hans messages:

Author: der.hans
Date: 2005-09-06 13:51 -400
To: quatsch
Subject: NO evacuee help
moin, moin,

the state is putting evacuees up at the
coliseum/fairgrounds. They will
likely be there for a month ( longer at other
locations ). They do have
cell phones, but do not have Net connectivity.

I have approached the state about setting up a few
boxen for the evacuees
to use for email and resumes.

The IT department is interested in assistance in
getting the evacuees
setup with Net access.

I already have a few volunteers for setting up the
network.

We might be able to get boxen from STRuT, but we won't
know until
tomorrow. If that falls through I'll likely need help
getting donations
that we can setup in the next few days.

I would like to say this is a PLUG effort ( most
everyone involved thus
far is from PLUG ). Is that cool with everyone?

If this goes well we might be asked to do the same
thing in Tucson and
maybe at ASU as well.

ciao,

der.hans

Then he found this out. It is a shame that FEMA would
waste money now when a group of volunteers would do it
for free! Then this is the USA government.
Waste, your waste, hup two three four, waste, waste,
waste, your waste. It just keeps marching.