flash for linux

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Tue Sep 6 22:47:32 MST 2005

You can download an OLD flash player, sure.  If you're running i386.  Those of us running non-Intel chips are left out in the cold.  Also, the Flash 8 format will not have a Linux player (according to Macromedia), they're only releasing it on Windows and OS/X.
My comment was that the Flash *system* (the authoring environment and server tools) is only supported on Windows and OS/X.  Also, while some Flash players are available for Linux, they are not supported (officially) by Macromedia.
I also noted that it is not easy to view Flash in Linux (true, especially for non-Intel chips and non-RPM distros); none of the distros I've tried have it built-in, and many have considerable difficulty installing it.  On my primary Linux system there is no Flash player available, period, because it is not a 32-bit Intel chip.