Webpages and visibility

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Sep 6 12:32:36 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 11:46 -0700, ec wrote:
> FIRST:
>
> This is the final email about this from me.
----
we'll see
----

> Second:
>
> I apoligize if Craig is offended, I didn't mean to
> offend him.
----
thanks for the consideration but I was not offended in any way
----

> Third:
>
> Everyone has the right to whatever they want in the
> way of visiblility/veiwablity on their site.
----
people use various settings of brightness/contrast and sometimes a
designer can have a bright high contrast setup on his machine and create
something that seems to work pretty well until it meets up with a
display that isn't as bright. Many of the early web designs that I did
looked great on my Macintosh and when I finally saw them in Windows, I
was aghast at how dark everything was. Your statement presupposes that
the designer knew how the world would see his web designs.
----

> Fourth: A pretty large percentage (I am guessing
> around 25 percent of population) have 'reduced'
> visibility.
----
could be - I remember setting my dad up a long time ago with a 19"
monitor at 800x600 (man was everything large) - it worked for him.
----

> And Finally:
>
> If the web designer wants to eliminate them from
> reading his page, fine!
>
> I only suffer thru those pages IF I cannot get the
> same info from somewhere else.
>
> PS. Red Seven's page wasn't that bad, A few shades
> more white and yes it would have been almost
> impossible for me to read. In the back bedroom is a
> pair of eyes that couldn't read it and wouldn't take
> the time to copy/paste! Believe me, known those eyes
> for 34 years.
----
feedback to the webmaster is the way to handle it.

ranting on a message base is akin to pissing in the wind.

Craig