Need Linux digital camera advice

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Sep 3 21:03:42 MST 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:

> I'm wanting to get a digital camera. I don't know anything about
> digital cameras or how to get them to work in Linux. I've never
> attached a USB device of any kind to my computer, I'm that far behind
> the times. My son has an Olympus Camedia C-50 and it takes great
> pictures. I've searched, but can't tell if it's supported in Linux.

I have used gphoto a few times. It might work for you.

Also see:

  http://www.linuxcompatible.org/cdetail10883.html

  http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2004-Jul/0177.html

Good luck,

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I will be in Phoenix in a few weeks to teach another four-day class.
Siri, you are welcome to attend.