mplayer-gui disappears

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 15:38:59 MST 2005

--- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 07:25 -0700, Josh Coffman
> wrote:
> > > rpm -ql mplayer-gui
> > >
> > > and see if the skins are listed
> > >
> > > and if so...
> > >
> > > rpm -qV mplayer-gui
> > >
> > > to double check that they were installed.
> > >
> > > I don't use livna - it appears that you are
> using
> > > Fedora Core 4 - unless
> > > livna packages the same version of mplayer stuff
> for
> > > FC-3. checking
> > > livna's bugzilla for mplayer-gui doesn't turn up
> > > anything of interest
> > > which suggests to me that people that use livna
> > > repository don't
> > > understand bugzilla.
> > >
> > > Craig
> > >
> > Yeah, livna is one of my repos. I'll have to check
> out
> > smartpm. I am on FC4.
> >
> > I've only been into the linux world for about 2
> 1/2
> > months, so forgive my ignorance.
> >
> > Sounds like I'll have to check the mplayer skins.
> What
> > about the permission denied error before that?

> 1024):
> system
> >

> > Is that a problem also?
> ----
> I wouldn't think so - perhaps - dunno - my FC-4 box
> isn't here
> now...it's on loan.
>
> I was pretty much interested in the output of
>
> rpm -ql mplayer-gui
> to see if there were skins included and where
>
> perhaps rpm -ql mplayer-gui|grep skin
>
> and see if anything turns up.
>
> Smart package manager uses an array of repositories
> but I don't they
> include livna. During FC-2, I came to the conclusion
> that the
> repositories that make up what is now called
> rpmforge is a better
> assortment - dag with his packaging for RHEL (lots
> of perl stuff) and
> things that I use like clamav, axel with his video
> stuff etc. Smart is
> icing on the cake - gives you a gui that is capable
> of resolving
> repository issues.
>
> In your case though, I would expect mplayer-gui to
> work - just wondering
> where the skins are.
>
> Craig

Ok, I checked and there is one skin in
/usr/share/mplayer/Skin, the Blue skin.
But it is looking for a default skin which isnt there.

I tried this: rpm -qV mplayer-gui
but it returned no results.

I went to DAG's website and downloaded then  installed
the mplayer-skins rpm. So now I have plenty of skins,
but still need the default.

Think I should remove and re-install mplayer-gui?