mplayer-gui disappears

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Sep 2 08:43:11 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 07:25 -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:
> > rpm -ql mplayer-gui
> >
> > and see if the skins are listed
> >
> > and if so...
> >
> > rpm -qV mplayer-gui
> >
> > to double check that they were installed.
> >
> > I don't use livna - it appears that you are using
> > Fedora Core 4 - unless
> > livna packages the same version of mplayer stuff for
> > FC-3. checking
> > livna's bugzilla for mplayer-gui doesn't turn up
> > anything of interest
> > which suggests to me that people that use livna
> > repository don't
> > understand bugzilla.
> >
> > Craig
> >
> Yeah, livna is one of my repos. I'll have to check out
> smartpm. I am on FC4.
>
> I've only been into the linux world for about 2 1/2
> months, so forgive my ignorance.
>
> Sounds like I'll have to check the mplayer skins. What
> about the permission denied error before that?
>
> > > Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024):
> > > Permission denied
> > > Try adding "echo 1024 >
> > > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
> > > startup scripts.
>

> Is that a problem also?
----
I wouldn't think so - perhaps - dunno - my FC-4 box isn't here
now...it's on loan.

I was pretty much interested in the output of

rpm -ql mplayer-gui
to see if there were skins included and where

perhaps rpm -ql mplayer-gui|grep skin

and see if anything turns up.

Smart package manager uses an array of repositories but I don't they
include livna. During FC-2, I came to the conclusion that the
repositories that make up what is now called rpmforge is a better
assortment - dag with his packaging for RHEL (lots of perl stuff) and
things that I use like clamav, axel with his video stuff etc. Smart is
icing on the cake - gives you a gui that is capable of resolving
repository issues.

In your case though, I would expect mplayer-gui to work - just wondering
where the skins are.

Craig