Serious things

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon Oct 31 09:58:52 MST 2005

Victor Odhner said:
> And, of course, some of us don't.  One issue with Off Topic postings
> is that PLUG has become a community of friends, and we toss a lot
> of things around here.  Also, anything directly associated with FOSS,
> GNU, etc. is part of our topic.  Participants include a lot of very
> knowledgeable folks, so the list is a good resource for some other
> computer-related subjects too.  Please prefix any Off-Topic subject
> with "OT" so filters will work for those who'd like to stick with
> business.
> But still, a lot of OT stuff creates a strain for some with slower
> net access who come here for Linux information.

Very true.  If you check the archives on a search for my name, you'll find
occasional off-topic posts from me.  The group here has very intelligent
people on a variety of subjects and it is hard not to tap that fountain.

So far (5+ years in my involvement) the group is very good at self
policing and keeping the list content relevant.  Also, I remember only one
real flame war in all that time.  This is an extremely well behaved list!

Alan