(WAY!) Off-topic

Jason Spatafore jason at spatafore.net
Tue Oct 25 20:18:38 MST 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 18:36, Craig White wrote:
> There is no way to legally install using that CD since what is legally
> required is the genuine Microsoft Windows certificate which accompanied
> the CD - which would have the installation code.

It's probably buried in the vast array of outdated books he purchased
alongside the computer. Back in those days, the COA didn't come on the
system, it came on a book with the system. It wasn't until Win98 SE that the
actual "Per System Licensing" and "OEM" models started. (Well, Win98 B if you
want to get a little more technical.)

What I love is that M$ gets to quit supporting their product but can still
have all rights and sue the crap out of anybody who uses it *and* get that
person thrown in jail! But, you still have to pay for an unsupported OS....go
figure. (This is in regards to Win9x, WinNT, and almost to Win2K soon.....)

I gotta say...the Open Source market surprises me. I mean, MS will make no
warranty on their product and can sell it for $200.00 (and the EULA even
states such)....but I've seen people try to say that OSS is dangerous because
it carries no warranty. Isn't that a riot? :)

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore
http://www.spatafore.net