Terminal locking

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Oct 18 16:47:36 MST 2005

Am 18. Oct, 2005 schwätzte Shawn Badger so:

> I need to find a way to lock a users terminal after a set period of
> inactivity. It has to work regardless of how the user connects the
> system. I know of the TMOUT variable, but I need it ask the user for
> there password again to reconnect to the same session instead of just
> closing the session. Any ideas on how to do this?

There used to be an idled, but I don't see it now in the debian packages.

I do, however, see autolog and timeoutd.

People can easily reset TMOUT, so that really doesn't buy you anything.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way